Tuesday, April 22, 2014

MFT Creative Challenge

Each month the MFT Designers are given a creative challenge to tackle and this month's thee is adding texture and pattern to our die cut flowers!  

I am going to start off by showing you a couple of things that I've made when I have done craft fairs and they are always big sellers.   First up are these decorated candle tins.

I found these candles for $1 at the local Dollar store.  I first stamped a strip of kraft CS with tangy orange ink using the Striped Background stamp set.  I adhered it with red line tape.  I wrapped a strip of kaft CS around the edg eof the lid and then used the Die-namics circle STAX to cover the top of the lid with kraft CS.

To create the flower, I used the Die-namics Hybrid Camellia Flower.  I die cut the largest petal in tangy orange CS and then I embossed them using the Die-namics Fishnet Cover-Up to add some texture.  I die cut the smaller petals from kraft CS and then stamped them with hot fudge hybrid ink using a stamp from the Collage Backgrounds stamp set.   Finally, I cut the center from lemon drop CS and sponged some lemon drop ink along the edges before winding it up,   I die cut the leaves from gumdrop green CS using the Die-namics Royal Leaves.

It makes for a pretty little token gift! 

OK, next up are my refrigerator magnets.   They don't have to be tacky! 

All packaged up, they are as cute as can be!   First let me tell you about the packaging and then I will show you a detail of the flowers.  I used a standard A2 clear bag.  I cut a 4.75"  x 3" piece of razzle berry CS and scored it at the 1.5" line.  I then cut a 4.5" x 1/25 piece of white CS.  I stamped the sentiment from the Gift Card Greetings II stamp set in black licorice hybrid ink.  

Now lets take a closer look at the magnets.

I used the Die-namics Plentiful Petals to create these magnets.  It is definitely one of my favorite flower Die-namics! I started by adhering some razzle berry CS onto an adhesive magnetic sheet.  I ran it through my Big Shot with the largest die.  Next, I used the middle sized die to die cut the petals from cotton candy CS. To create the pattern, I used the Plaid Background Builder stamp set and some cotton candy ink.  After die cutting the top layer of petal from smooth white CS, I stamped it in cotton candy ink with the sheet music background stamp.  I die cut the center of the flowers from the Die-namics Plentiful Flowers from lemon drop CS and added a lemon drop button with hemp cord.

Last up, I made a card to play along with this month's Color Palette Challenge.


I started by using the largest die from from the Blueprints 13 to create the kraft panel with the stitched edges.  I used some kraft with the wood plank background stamp.   I stamped the sentiment from the Grand Greetings stamps set in black licorice hybrid ink.  I used the Die-namics oval STAX sponged some blue raspberry hybrid ink around the edges before removing the sentiment panel from the die.

To create the flower, I used the Die-namics Upsy Daisy.  The bottom layer was die cut from razzle berry felt and then razzle berry CS.  I sponged some sweet tooth ink onto the edges of the CS layer.  I stamped the next layer of petals using the Washi Patterns stamp set and some razzle berry ink.  For the top layer of petals, I used razzle berry CS and again sponged some sweet tooth ink to the ends of the petals.  I added a sweet tooth button and some hemp cord.  The leaves were die cut from gumdrop green CS.

I followed the layout to the inside of the card.

Hope you've been inspired!  Be sure to head over to the MFT blog for a list of designers who are participating in today's creative challenge!


  1. These are all really cute - love all the different ideas!

  2. You were busy! Wow! Awesome projects!!

  3. So cute! I think these are outstanding!

  4. I love your super dimensional flowers!

  5. So creative and such beautiful gift ideas, love it, hugs


Thanks for leaving a comment! It makes my day!